“If it’s forbidden outside the convention, it’s forbidden inside the convention”
CAMI aspires to create a pleasant, enjoyable environment for Japanese animation, comics and culture lovers, but we still believe it’s important to remind our visitors to mind there manners while abiding the conventions’ rules. Visitors who will defy these rules may be removed from the convention with no refund for their ticket, and even banned from future conventions.
All visitors are asked to keep their behavior and manners in check during the convention.
- Illegal substances (such as drugs), alcohol, explosives and weapons (cold weapons and firearms) are forbidden at the conference complex. Smoking is forbidden at the conference complex.
- We are asking you to be respectful towards our staff, our visitors and the conference complex. Inappropriate behavior will be dealt severely.
- Selling at the conference complex is permitted only to private and public entities that have received permission to do so from the conference’s management. Those who will be caught selling goods with no permission will be immediately removed from the conference complex. *This applies to collecting donations and selling services without the convention’s management permission
- Due to the sizes of the event rooms at the conference complex, there could be events where standing in an orderly queue is required, or even events where the room’s capacity is limited, or a previously publicized priority may be given to those who have a CAMI Plus ticket. Please abide the instructions given by our staff to ensure orderly and fast seating arrangement.
- Leaving the convention’s complex to other parts of the convention hall is strictly forbidden. Visitors who will be caught in areas outside the ones defined as the convention complex will be immediately removed from the convention.
Harassment of Convention Visitors
- The conventionvisitors are guests and lovers of the hobby just like each and every one of you, and thus you should respect them and remember that harassment of any kind (physical or verbal) will not be tolerated.
- We advise you to go to our Information stand or one of the staff to inform us of any and all forms of harassment or personal harm that came to you during the convention. Cases that have been reported will be documented, and the convention’s management will do their best to ensure these cases are taken care of in the best manner.
- There is a dedicated storage space available to all visitors for their bags and personal belongings.
- While there will be supervision in the dedicated storage area, CAMI staff is not responsible for the loss or theft of your belongings during the convention, and we are asking you to supervise them yourself.
Food and Drink
- According to the convention halls rules, you can only bring homemade foods and beverages. You can also purchase food in the convention hall’s cafeteria during the convention.
- Entering any and all event rooms (including the main hall) with food is forbidden – only beverages are allowed.
Entering the Convention
- Entering CAMI will require a bracelet. The bracelet will be received after presenting a physical ticket with a valid stub at the bracelet stand at the entrance to the convention complex.
- Ticket purchase is available the box office of the convention complex, or at the pre-order pickup stand by presenting a purchase reference (a receipt). The tickets can also be received at pre-purchase events that will be held on specific dates and in certain places.
- Only a ticket with a valid stub will allow receiving an entry bracelet.
- The bracelet allows you to enter all the events at the convention, under limitations of free spaces, and none of them will require any additional payment. However, in certain events that will be defined in advance by the management, there CAMI Plus holders will be prioritized or will have early entry.
- The early entry CAMI Plus tickets grant is defined by the convention’s staff, and may change at any time.
- CAMI will not refund tickets that have been purchased at the box office at the convention complex, unless a special permission in received from CAMI’s management.
- A pre-purchased ticket can be refunded up to a week before the convention, by contacting CAMI management at firstname.lastname@example.org and returning the physical ticket in case it was received in advance.
- Please keep your entrance bracelet on your wrist at all times, since it is the only way to get back into the conference complex. Whilst there are cases when the staff my permit entrance to visitors who have lost their bracelets, we do not guarantee re-entrance if the bracelet was lost/
- CAMI Plus tickets serve as regular entrance tickets that provide extras.
Photography and Video
Tip: always ask for permission before taking photos or videotaping someone.
- Try to avoid blocking pathways or blocking crowded areas, such as stairwells or the stands area.
- Taking still photos or videos of panels/workshops/lectures will be permitted only if the authors allow it. Using a camera during screening events is forbidden.
- Flash photography during skits is forbidden for safety reasons.
- CAMI’s staff reserves the right to forbid photography or videotaping at various events at the convention complex.
- CAMI’s staff may demand you delete photographs or video recordings that were not permitted.
Sexual Violence Policies
Definition: Sexual assault is an act that is sexual in nature (meaning any action or reference to a person’s sexuality) that is done without one of the sides’ consent.
AMAI’s Activity to Stop Sexual Harassment
- The organization’s committee will appoint staff for stopping sexual harassment and will be sure to publish ways to contact them on the organization’s website and in a letter to the members.
- The appointed person will make sure each convention has staff that is responsible for preventing sexual harassment, and will be sure to instruct her.
- The appointed person at each convention will be responsible for instructing the rest of the staff and the volunteers about preventing sexual harassment, myth busting, giving basic tools for dealing both with the attacker and the victim.
- Rules of conduct at the organization’s events will be published on the website and will be linked to at the events’ websites.
- In no case will minors be allowed in original productions that feature sexual content or ones that feature inappropriate outfits. The definition of “sexual content” as well as “inappropriate outfits” are determined by the person appointed by the organization’s committee, according to the nature of the event and the age of the participants.
- Minors under the age of 15 will be allowed to participate in original productions, at the discretion of the person appointed by the organization’s
- Complaints regarding sexual violence or harassment will be dealt with by the organization’s appointed person, while keeping all of the complainant’s personal details discrete. In case there is a suspicion of sexual harassment, the person appointed will write a report on the matter for the organization’s committee, which will investigate the matter and involve the necessary authorities.
In any case of sexual violence or harassment, you can contact the organization’s appointed person via this email: email@example.com
Rules of Conduct at AMAI Events
- Every visitor’s privacy and personal boundaries should be respected; there shouldn’t be any commentary, both of physical and verbal nature, to anyone’s body or sexuality.
- Sexually harassing visitors, staff, volunteers or any other person is strictly forbidden.
- Committingobscenities (acts that are meant for sexual satisfaction, stimulation or humiliation) is strictly forbidden.
- Making repeated suggestions of a sexual nature to a person who has shown that they are not interested is forbidden. A person in a management position at the event will not make such suggestions under any circumstances to their subordinates.
- Making repeated references to a person’s sexuality are strictly forbidden when the person has shown that they are not interested in them. . A person in a management position at the event will not make such references under any circumstances to their subordinates.
- Humiliating or degrading speech in regards to their sex or sexuality are strictly forbidden, including references to their sexual orientation.
- In any case of suspicion of inappropriate behavior, it should be reported to the appointed person in the organization or in the event’s staff.
- The entrance of minors to adult-only events is prohibited.
- Minors under the age of 15 will not be allowed to volunteer.
- Wearing inappropriate attire at the convention complex is forbidden. “Inappropriate attire” includes stage costumes, fan costumes, or any other outfit that exposes private areas. The definition of a clothing item as “inappropriate” is subject to the decision of the staff member who is responsible for the matter at the event, in accordance to the nature of the event and the age of the participants.
- Visitors who will be wearing inappropriate attire will be asked to change it or leave the premise. Minors will not be allowed to appear on stage in such attire. The staff member who is responsible for the matter must instruct the director of the various productions in advance regarding the matter.